Sunday, January 8, 2012

Piper's Guide to Golf

Well, I was rilly starting to wurry that the weak-end was going to be a complete and udder disappointment. I mean, yesterday the noisy box went off and Daddy got up and turned it off, just like he does every Catterday morning, so I was furry excited. So I was good to my hoomins, figgering I'd let them sleep for another seven minnits befur making them take me somewhere fur funfunfun.

But at the six minnit mark, they both got up and then started getting reddy fur werk. Werk?! On a Catterday?! But what about ME?! Where's my funfunfun!

Well, there was no way that was gonna happen this morning! Daddy kilt the noisy box and as soon as he lay back down, I was in his face! Wagwagwag! Licklicklick! Whinewhinewhine! You nose -- the whole excited puppy dog routine. And befur long, Daddy muttered and Mom groaned and soon we were in the zoom-zoom, heading fur funfunfun!

We went in the zoom-zoom to a place called a Golf Course. There were a couple of other zoom-zooms there, but no hoomins in sight.

Now, iffen you don't nose about golf, I'll splain. It's how hoomins play fetch by themselves. They have a little ball and they hit it with a stick and then they go chase it. They chase it all over the hills and the grass and sometimes the sand and trees. And then they go home.

Well, hoomins aren't furry good at playing fetch in the winter, I guess, but that's okay. I'm an all-weather-fetch kinda doggy, and the best part about the golf course is that Daddy can chuck the ball a rilly-rilly long ways!

(Mom note: The real best part about the golf course is that we actually have a hope of wearing Piper out, once she's run up and down the hills a few dozen times!)

So we played fetch at the golf course for about an hour and it was so much funfunfun!

After a while, I thought Daddy might be tired, so I laid down in the snows and let him rest fur a few minutes. I ated some snows and then I ran back up the hill again in case my hoomins were lonely.

Just in case you're wundering just how far Daddy threw the ball, I'm including this pitchure to show you.

The pitchure is taken from the furry top of the hill where Mom and Daddy were. That dark speck in the middle of all the white space is mememe!

Fangu, hoomins, fur finding me a new favrit thing! I can't wait until next weak-end to go play golf again! (wagwagwag)


No comments: